Re: Low performance on Windows problem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Low performance on Windows problem
Date
List pgsql-performance
> in the 10 ms range. Definitely not 800 ms. The 8.1 has the same
problem.

> Just for the record: the server PC is Dell Precision 330 with 3Com
3C920
> integrated network card. OS MS Windows Professional 2002 with service
pack
> 2. There is Symantec Antivirus installed - which I have (hopefully)
> completely disabled.

Try throwing in another network card and see if it helps.  Next step is
to try twinking tcp settings
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314053) and see
if that helps.  Beyond that, try playing the update driver game.  If you
are still having problems, try receiving bigger and bigger results to
see where problem occurs. 1-2k range suggests mtu problem, 4-8k range
suggests tcp receive window problem.

Beyond that, I'm stumped, uh, buy Opteron? :)

Merlin