Re: unexpected and reproducable crash in pl/pgsql function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: unexpected and reproducable crash in pl/pgsql function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Ok, I have a fairly nasty situation.  I am having a production server
> that is crashing upon execution of a pl/pgsql function...on code that
> has been working flawlessly for weeks.  My production server is
running
> 8.0 on win32 and I was able to 'sort-of' reproduce the behavior on my
> development machine here at the office.

Ok, problem was due to recursive pl/pgsql function and a recursion loop
in the data.  I traced this problem to the data: somebody disabled the
recursion check constraint.

I've never had this actually happen before.  It totally nuked the
server.

Merlin