Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32

> I don't think that's workable unless we intend to distribute it.
Gary's
> suggestion of using xcopy is probably a good one.
>
> I will install MSys and friends on my new Windows machine and play
> around to see what works, unless someone comes up with a tested
solution
> first.

You know, it might be nice to have the inserted path be set up with
slashes dependant on the OS type.  Or, perhaps an alternate set of
macros in the archive string to reverse the slashes.   Forcing people to
use xcopy or cp will cause problems in various scenarios.

Merlin