Re: [pgadmin-support] The Synonym Dialog - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] The Synonym Dialog
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On 5 May 2017, at 21:48, Zhou, Warren <wazhou@affiniongroup.com> wrote:

Hello, All:

The online help for pgAdmin 4 has “The Synonym Dialog” in Managing Database Objects section, and one of our developers wants to create synonyms using the “The Synonym Dialog” tool, but she was unable to. I told her that Postgres does not support synonyms like Oracle does, but she is questioning why this “The Synonym Dialog” exists in online help if Postgres does not support synonym.

So, can anyone help me to answer this question?

Synonyms are available as one of the Oracle compatibility features in EnterpriseDB's Postgres Advanced Server product which pgAdmin supports. They're not available in community PostgreSQL.