Re: PostgreSQL VACCUM killing CPU - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Will Reese
Subject Re: PostgreSQL VACCUM killing CPU
Date
Re: PostgreSQL VACCUM killing CPU  (Michael Glaesemann <grzm@seespotcode.net>)
List pgsql-performance
The "wa" means waiting on IO.  Vacuum is a very IO intensive
process.  You can use tools like vmstat and iostat to see how much
disk IO is occurring.  Also, sar is very helpful for trending these
values over time.

-- Will Reese   http://blog.rezra.com