Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mikkel Høgh
Subject Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?
Date
Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?  (Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net>)
List pgsql-general
On 17/10/2008, at 11.37, Tomasz Ostrowski wrote:

> On 2008-10-16 23:17, Mikkel Høgh wrote:
>
>> P.S.: Why are e-mails from this list not sent with a Reply-To: header
>> of the lists e-mail-address?
>
> Because it is dangerous - too easy to send to the list, when you
> really
> mean to send to one. Most e-mail programs have two buttons for
> replying:
> ordinary "Reply" and "Reply to all". You're supposed to use "Reply to
> all" if you want to reply to the list.

Well, I think the most common use case for a mailing list is to reply
back to the list, isn't that the whole point?

Personally I find it annoying that I get two copies of each reply to
one of my posts, one that is filtered into the mailinglist folder
because it has the correct X-Mailing-List header and the other just
sits there in my inbox, wasting both bandwidth and disk space in the
process.

Besides, the if the Reply-To thing is so dangerous, why do most other
mailing lists do it?
Attachment