Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks, v4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks, v4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jul 12, 2011, at 12:02 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I think you're right here. It's probably not much of a practical
> concern.
>
> I was slightly bothered because it seemed a little unpredictable. But it
> seems very minor, and if we wanted to fix it later I think we could.

Yes, I agree. I think there are a number of things we could possibly fine-tune, but it's not clear to me just yet which
onesare really problems or what the right solutions are.  I think once the basic patch is in and people start beating
onit we'll get a better feeling for which parts can benefit from further engineering.

...Robert