Installation of PostgreSQL Service under admin account - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vinesh, Raghavan
Subject Installation of PostgreSQL Service under admin account
Date
List pgsql-general

Hello,

PostgreSQL version: 8.2.1
OS: Windows 2003 Server / Windows XP Professional

When I try installation of PostgreSQL by providing an admin account for postgresql service user the installation fails. According to the release notes of PostgreSQL 8.2 this is supported. http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-8-2.html - Drop privileges on startup, so that the server can be started from an administrative account (Magnus) .

Since all the services in my product run under a particular service account it is required that PostgreSQL also runs under the same account.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Vinesh

The new company Nokia Siemens Networks is expected to start operations in the first quarter of 2007, subject to customary regulatory approvals, the completion of standard closing conditions, and the agreement of a number of detailed implementation steps.

Disclaimer:
This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.