Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit kapila
Subject Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:21 PM Amit Kapila wrote:
On Monday, November 19, 2012 9:07 PM Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Monday, November 19, 2012 8:36 PM Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Amit Kapila escribió:
> >
> > > The only point I can see against SET PERSISTENT is that other
> variants
> > of
> > > SET command can be used in
> > > transaction blocks means for them ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT
> functionality
> > works,
> > > but for SET PERSISTENT,
> > > it can't be done.
> > > So to handle that might be we need to mention this point in User
> > Manual, so
> > > that users can be aware of this usage.
> > > If that is okay, then I think SET PERSISTENT is good to go.
> >
> > I think that's okay.  There are other commands which have some forms
> > that can run inside a transaction block and others not.  CLUSTER is
> > one example (maybe the only one?  Not sure).
>

> If no objections to SET PERSISTENT .. syntax, I shall update the patch for
> implementation of same.

Patch to implement SET PERSISTENT command is attached with this mail.
Now it can be reviewed.

I have not update docs, as I want feedback about the behaviour of implementation, so that docs can be updated
appropriately.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.
Attachment