insert vs. copy in pgAdmin - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Schlaffer, Sharon
Subject insert vs. copy in pgAdmin
Date
List pgsql-admin

Apologies for possibly “cross-listing” (there is a reason I subscribed to the list entitled, “novice” ; )

I think I should have directed my pgAdmin question to this list:

Hello all,

When I use the import (csv) into a table feature, it makes a copy. This is not working for our database folks (they need to auto-populate a date/time field and for whatever reason, cannot do this if I “copy” the csv into the db).

Is there a way to import and stipulate “insert” instead (using pgAdmin, that is).

Thanks,

Sharon

Sharon Schlaffer
Naval Research Laboratory - Code 8111
Naval Center for Space Technology, Technical Staff
4555 Overlook Ave. SW. Washington, DC 20375-5000
Tel:  202-329-4648 (Mobile); 301-585-6116 (Home)
sharon.schlaffer@nrl.navy.mil
ShoreshNeg1@gmail.com