Re: CVS repository rsync - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: CVS repository rsync
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > This works well, except every now and
> > then (not every time, but definitly often enough to bother me) it
> > resyncs the entire repository, and not just the files that have had
> > commits to them.
>
> I haven't noticed this personally, although I might have just
> missed it.
> Are you sure you're not just noticing the times when a new
> release has been tagged? (Tagging in CVS requires touching
> all tagged files.)

Hmm, now that you mention it, at least this time that's probably the
reason. Didn't consider that a tag in a *backbranch* affects all the
files inthe repository for HEAD as well. I guess I'll just keep my eyes
open for next time it happens to see if that happens then as well.

//Magnus