Re: Mirror problems for download - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Mirror problems for download
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > I haven't noticed any torrent files for postgreSQL releases
> - maybe we
> > can look into setting this up to share the load,
> particularly around
> > release times.
>
> We used to release torrents but stopped because they weren't
> all that popular. Search the archives for details.

Not only that, it also didn't really help anybody given that the
postgresql distribution files are so small.

Also, ifr it wasn't clear, this was *not* a load case. It was a case of
a dangling file with incorrect permissions that blocked a script from
doing it's job. A permanent fix is being worked on.

//Magnus