Re: BUG #2611: 2 instalation probs: invalid directory and user account creation - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #2611: 2 instalation probs: invalid directory and user account creation
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Problem 1)
>=20
> During installation I chose to install the software to=20
>=20
> C:\PostgreSQL\8.1\
>=20
> I have ActivePerl installed (5.8.7), and at the "Enable=20
> procedural languages" step I selected both "PL/pgsql" and "PL/perl".
>=20
> I got to the installing step, and everything was progressing=20
> fine. Just before the "Installation complete" window, I=20
> encountered a couple of error messages telling me that it=20
> couldn't find certain perl related files at under C:\Program=20
> Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\ or something similar.

We'll need the complete error message to help you with that.

> Problem 2)
>=20
> During the "Service Configuration" step of the installation,=20
> I entered a non-existant account name (Web) and left the=20
> account domain as is. I expected the installer to create an=20
> account for me.
>=20
> I believe an error must have occured when doing so. I can see=20
> the account directory under
>=20
> C:\Documents and Settings\Web\
>=20
> However, when I log off windows, it doesn't appear on the log=20
> on screen.
> Furthermore, when I investigate "User Accounts" from the=20
> control panel, it doesn't exist there either. I cannot=20
> therefore log onto the account, nor delete the account. If I=20
> try to create an account with the same name, it tells me that=20
> one already exists.

Is this by any chance XP home?
Anyway, try runnin "net user" and see if it shows up there. It's
probably the GUI doing filtering.

//Magnus