Re: Building with Visual C++ - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Building with Visual C++
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I've done a similar thing myself (building the complete
> backend with Visual Studio 2005).  I got it to basically
> work, but stopped due to lack of interest in the PostgreSQL community.

Well, I'm one of those previously with lack of interest :-)

The main difference between what I'm trying now from most of what I've
seen before is that I *don't* want to create a separate build
environment that needs to be maintained. Instead have a conversion
script from our current one to a VC compatible one.

> But, I'd be happy to help out your effort in any way I can.

Thanks. There'll be plenty of pieces to pick up once I'm done with the
initial version of the script :-)

//Magnus