Re: Building with Visual C++ - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Building with Visual C++
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > > *) Add s_lock implementation based on InterlockedCompareExchange
> > > instead of assembly code (gcc style asm not supported, and
> > this should
> > > probably be about as fast from what I hear)
> >
> > _InterlockedCompareExchange is even better IMHO ...
>
> I could've sworn the non-_ was #defined to the other one, but
> double-checkign that I see that's only done on 64-bit
> systems. Will update.

Hm. Wrong again :-(
Seems the whole _InterlockedCompareExchange version is only *available*
on 64-bit.

So we might want to look into doing that thing in assembly anyway, but
for now I'll just stick with the standard InterlockedCompareExchange.

//Magnus