Re: problem with windows xp sp2 and postgres-8.1.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: problem with windows xp sp2 and postgres-8.1.3
Date
List pgsql-general
> first of all, great effort from you this tool.
>
> Problem exists with following config:
> - Windows XP Pro, SP2 (English).
> - PostgreSQL-8.1.3
> - lot of development programs, and IDE-s (for the clients i
> am working unfortunately they are windoz-based :-(...).
>
> Same problem occurs as described here
> and here
> <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-ports/2005-10/msg00001.php> .
> "could not create inherited socket: error code 10022".

This sounds a lot like broken firewall, broken antivirus, broken
antispyware or such software. Take a look with
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm to see what you have there - most likely
at least one broken LSP.

> As i tried again manually(postmaster...), had the same
> problem. I turned off my firewall services, windows security
> center firewall and antivirus check (automatic updates are
> on), but i got the same error.

Turn off is often not enough, you need to uninstall.

> Can it have anything related to windows-socket bind problems
> with Windows-XP-SP2 integrated firewalls however it is disabled?

No, the intergrated firewall should work fine, as long as it's not
blocking the connections (meaning if it's disabled, it shouldn't be a
problem). It's known not to have the LSP bug.

//Magnus