Re: psql client binary - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: psql client binary
Date
List pgsql-general
> > > Hopefully not to grievous an FAQ: can anybody point me at a
> > > precompiled binary of the psql terminal-based front-end
> to run on NT
> > > hopefully not requiring Cygwin, or has this been
> effectively replaced by pgAdmin?
> >
> > pginstaller has such a psql binary that should work on NT,
> but it will
> > not install on NT.  See the FAQ:
> >

> > http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/faq/FAQ_windows.html
>
> Thanks Bruce. So in general NT4 is out as a client and I
> might not even be able to install pgAdmin as a binary. Bit of
> a bother that- I'm hoping to get clients and users onto Linux
> RSN but until then being able to e.g. cut-and-paste out of
> psql is something I find very useful indeed.

The client should work on NT4. It's the server that has some problems.
And th einstlaler itself. But if you use the binaries-no-installer
distribution (it's on the ftp site), you should be able to use it.

Not sure about pgAdmin.

> Alternatively is there a binary somewhere of the psql client
> that uses the Cygwin DLL?

I think there may be on ein the actual Cygwin distribution, but I'm not
sure - it may also be an old verison.

//Magnus