Re: Change in policy on News? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Change in policy on News?
Date
List pgsql-www
> >> 4 parts:  News, Product
> >> work with the
> >>
> >> How much work would it be to fix up the right column on
> the main page?
> >>
> >> Initial thoughts:
> >>
> >>    Get rid of the individual dates ... change it to something like:
> >
> > I think that's a really bad idea, for two reasons:
> > 1) It's good to know the exact date, when you're a frequent browser
>
> If you are a frequent browser, you would know what's changed
> sicne the last time you visited ... and if you are interested
> in a headline, you would click on it to read the whole thing,
> and get teh exact date at the same time ...

Well, I know *I* get annoyed when I hit sites that listn ews without
dates on them ;-)

> > 2) We more or less *have* to keep up the throughput. And the list
> > isn't "dynamic" enough - once the first entry goes in for
> february, it
> > gets to live alone..
>
> I was more thinking '6 most recent headlines', and if they
> overlap months, so be it, you have:
>
> News
>    Jan 2006
>    Dec 2006
>
> Or do you mean we *want* to get rid of Dec News when the
> first one for Jan comes along?

Absolutely not. I thought you meant "show two months" or so. If we still
show <n> headlines, I can live with it. Though I still prefer the full
dates.

//Magnus