Re: pg_restore [archiver] file offset in dump file is too - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_restore [archiver] file offset in dump file is too
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> >> Hmm. Windows reports an offset size of 4 bytes on a dump I
> just made
> >> ...  is that relevant? What governs it?
> >
> > [ looks again... ]  Hm, that is a 40Gb dump Kevin is
> complaining of,
> > isn't it.  Do our Windows builds have LARGEFILE support?
> >

> I think from a cursory investigation the short answer is no,
> but they probably could. If so, that should definitely go on
> the TODO list. Windows gurus, any thoughts?

Windows certainly supports large files. I don't see why we wouldn't pick
this up in autoconf, perhaps the mingw libraries don't?
Definitly worth investigating, no time for 8.1, so putting it on TODO
seems very good :-)

//Magnus