Re: Can we simplify win32 threading code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Can we simplify win32 threading code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > I assume that this will not break the use of pg_ctl to deliver
> > > pseudo-signals. That would be a show-stopper.
> >
> > It shouldn't, but there is one concern: it has to be created in the
> > global namespace. On older windows there is no different, but on
> > modern windows with terminal services in it it does. It
> might require
> > some permissions hackings - I don't know what the default
> permissinos
> > are on these things. But I *think* it should work fine.
> >

> Yes, the mutex/event stuff should be in the global namespace.
> What do you mean the permission hacks?

It may not be necessary at all. But what I meant is I don't know what
the default permissinos ar eon a shared mem/event object in the global
namespace. On the naemd pipe it's "creator/owner full" (so the postgres
account itself can issue kills), "administrators full" (so anybody who
is admin on the box can) and "system full" (so the local system can
issue them). If this is not the default on the other class of objects,
we'll need to set specific permissions.

//Magnus