Re: Enhancement: Remove NT/Interactive from Power Users Group - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Enhancement: Remove NT/Interactive from Power Users Group
Date
List pgsql-bugs
No, we don't want to go mucking about with the system groups. Other softwar=
e that doesn't care about security might be broken in that case - it has to=
 be a specific step by the admin.
=20
You can remove it from the commandline using:
net localgroup "Power Users" interactive /delete
=20
//Magnus
=20

    -----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
    Fr=E5n: pgsql-bugs-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-bugs-owner@postgresq=
l.org] F=F6r Mehul Doshi-A20614
    Skickat: den 29 mars 2005 18:14
    Till: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
    Kopia: Mehul Doshi-A20614
    =C4mne: [BUGS] Enhancement: Remove NT/Interactive from Power Users Group
=09
=09
    Hi,
=09=20
    I would say that the Installer executable always fails if NT/Interactive u=
ser is there in the Power User's group.=20
    Can we enhance the code, so that  just for installation it goes and remove=
s interactive users prior to the actual
    installation & once installation is successful add it back there?
=09=20
    Alternately does anybody know of a script which will do that?
=09=20
    Thanks & Regards,
    Mehul