Re: postgres user - win32 installer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: postgres user - win32 installer
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
> with pginstaller, when pass the creation of postgres he
> creates postgres user.
>
> if in the next step i cancel the installation, if i try to
> install again we need to create another user in windows,
> because when i cancel the installation the installer don't
> delete the user that was created in the previous installation.
>
> i think that  you  must delete postgres user when a
> installation is canceled, or at least, ask to.

This is a known issue, and it was determined way too dangerous to go
removing accuonts on uninstall, since they may well be used for other
things.

It might be a good idea to explicitly inform the user about this when
the account is created, though.

//Magnus