Re: Installation failed on Win2k - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Installation failed on Win2k
Date
List pgsql-bugs
>Dear friends
>
>I'm not able to install postgresql on my Windows Machine:
>

>RDBMS Version: 8.0.0 beta2-2dev
>OS: Windows 2k - all patches installed (up to date)
>
>After klicking o.k. in the window that displays the Release Notes,
>installation abords with the following message:
>
>"Installation ended prematurely because of an error"
>

>Ok. That's it. :-)
>Please try too improve such errormessages, it would enormous=20
>help to find
>an error.

This is a known issue in the beta2 installer. I'm working on this right
now, and I think I have tracked down the location of the problem. We'lll
put out a new version of the installer as soon as it's fixed.

You acn track this issue on pgfoundry at
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=3Ddetail&atid=3D126&aid=3D1000095&group_=
id=3D
1000007

//Magnus