Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] [HACKERS] win32 crash in initdb - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] [HACKERS] win32 crash in initdb
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> The crash people are getting in initdb is due to the 1.19 revision to
>> pgtz.c.  Not sure why yet...looking into it...
>
>Unfortunate behavior when probing pre-1970 dates, maybe?

Indeed that was the problem. Attached patch fixes the issue here and for
Merlin :-)

I've also figured out why it always worked for me. When in the western
europe timezone, the bug does not show up (probably because we don't
probe those dates). When I set my system to US Eastern, it broke.

//Magnus

Attachment