Re: stderr & win32 admin check - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: stderr & win32 admin check
Date
List pgsql-patches
<snip>

> Oh, and I notice the use of the PowerUsers group - iirc,
> there is no such group on NT4 domains, so the attempt to get
> the SID will fail.

That is one weird NT4.. :-)

First of all, "Power Users" is not a domain group, it is a local group.
It has nothing to do with your domain. As such, it will also work on
non-domain-member servers/workstations.

Second, the "Power Users" group have been included in the local groups
since NT 3.1, IIRC (could be 3.5). It is most certainly there in NT4.

This does not say anything about the other points you made - just this
last one.

//Magnus