Re: Relocatable locale - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Relocatable locale
Date
List pgsql-patches
> path of the

> > > True, and we already have our own find_my_exec() which
> works for Unix too.
> >
> > What does that have to do with this case?  We're trying to find the
> > library here.
>
> Oh, I see that GetModuleFileName() finds the location of your
> library, not of the binary.  Nice.  So, for Win32, we use
> that function call to find the locale directory?
>
> We do have a comment in port/exec.c:
>
>     if (GetModuleFileName(NULL, retpath, MAXPGPATH) == 0)
>
> and I thought that did only binaries, not the library that
> uses them.  I assume if the library is a DLL, it returns the
> DLL location, and if it is in the binary, it returns the
> binary location.

Nope, not quite.
With the parameter NULL, it will return for the current *process*.
You will need to use GetModuleHandle() (I think that should work) to get
the handle of the DLL. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc
/base/getmodulehandle.asp

For static libaries, you need a different solution. Base that off the
EXE?

//Magnus