Re: Postmaster service code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Postmaster service code
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
> > mc EventLogMsg.mc   # produce one rc file and one .h file
> > rc -r -fo EventLogMsg.res EventLogMsg.rc link -dd -noentry
> > -out:EventLogMsg.dll EventLogMsg.res
> >
> > for Msys :
> > After obtain a .RC file with MC compiler
>
> There's a problem of course - are there no foss tools that
> can replace MC?

Apparantly, there is one as a part of this:
http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/

Haven't tried it, but it looks to be MS compatible.
I still think it would be nice to include the .BIN file in cvs if
possible, so another package isn't required to build it. But it's a nice
tool to have if we need to update it at a later time.

It may also be included in the free Visual C++ download you can get from
MS, don't know about that.

//Magnus