Re: opinion on disk speed - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: opinion on disk speed
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Dec 9, 2005, at 10:50 AM, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Well, if your favourite dealer can't supply you with such common
> equipment as 15k drives you should consider changing the dealer.
> They don't seem to be aware of db hardware reqirements.

Thanks to all for your opinions.  I'm definitely sticking with 15k
drives like I've done in the past for all my other servers.

The reason I considered the 10k was because of the simplicity of
ordering from the same vendor.  They do offer 15k drives, but at
double the capacity I needed (73GB drives) which would make the cost
way high and overkill for what I need.