Re: bytea_output - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From Mark Watson
Subject Re: bytea_output
Date
List pgsql-testers

>Hello testers,

>I have installed 9.0 beta 4 using the one click installer for windows 32 bit and running under Vista and used the default install directories. I noticed that bytea output was in hex using my client application and also using pgAdmin 1.12.0 beta 4, so I changed the config file to bytea_output = 'escape' (removing the # comment symbol of course). I stopped and restarted the service, and the output is still in hex.

>Mark Watson

Additional info : After dropping and restoring the database, while bytea_output is configured as  ‘escape’, the data is presented correctly. When restoring an 8.4.4 database, it appears that pg_restore does not correctly convert bytea from escape to hex if the config file containg bytea_output = ‘hex’

-Mark