Re: LDAP authentication slow - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: LDAP authentication slow
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/30/2018 01:41 PM, C GG wrote:

> Please let me be clear, this is not a question about whether or not to
> use passwords. This is a question of how to determine the cause of and
> remedy a slowdown retrieving data from PostgreSQL when using LDAP(S) to
> authenticate PostgreSQL users. One of the sideline questions would be
> how to achieve the same effect by using a different scheme. I should
> further clarify that a major requirement would be that the scheme would
> need to work in our current environment without having to re-engineer
> the client applications. That would entail the need to pass a username
> and password as we have traditionally done.
>
> Any friendly assistance with LDAP(S) to that end is welcome.

Have been following this thread and have not answered previously as
LDAP/AD is not something I really know about. Still strikes me as
similar to another LDAP thread:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKeZVDov%2Bj2ZfUuSXNN-98_Nn_kAXr2e7UmKHhFNODHuEnUwUg%40mail.gmail.com

In that post the OP found that supplying an IP address instead of a host
name sped up the process.

Have you tried that?

It may not be a permanent solution, but it might help identify where the
problem is.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com