Re: Need help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Zico
Subject Re: Need help
Date
Restoring a database from original files (Was: Need help  (Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>)
List pgsql-general

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
we still don't understand exactly what you have to work from....
Do you have a backup of the Postgres "data" directory,

No, I don`t have any data of Postgres "data" directory.

which typically is something like "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\data"

As far as i can remember, my postgre files were in /usr/share/postgresql/8.3

as i am using the Debian distro.

if you don't have a backup of this data directory, and you've said you don't have any pg_dumpall type backups made prior to the system crash, then, what exactly do you expect to be able to restore your data from?

I don`t know, what should i do! Because, i have only the softcopy of my data, nothing else. No, postgresql directory, no dumped sql file!! :(

--
Best,
Zico