Logical replication and wal segment retention - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John Scalia
Subject Logical replication and wal segment retention
Date
Re: Logical replication and wal segment retention  (Shreeyansh Dba <shreeyansh2014@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hello, folks,

Yesterday, I had a small file system fill up, due to some logical replication testing we had been performing. We had
beentesting IBM’s IIDR system and apparently it had built a logical replication slot on my server. When the test was
completed,nobody removed the slot, so WAL segments stopped being dropped. Now I can understand the difficulty
separatingwhat physical versus logical replication needs from the WAL segments, but as logical replication is database
specificnot cluster wide, this behavior was a little unexpected, since the WAL segments are cluster wide. Are WAL
segmentsgoing to pile up whenever something drops a logical replication connection? I’ve seen it, but it seems like
thiscould be a bad thing.
-
Jay

Sent from my iPhone