Re: Had a problem with pg_clog - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Had a problem with pg_clog
Date
List pgsql-general
Peter Wiersig <peter@friesenpeter.de> writes:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 08:19:31PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Peter Wiersig <peter@friesenpeter.de> writes:
>>> vacuumdb -z miwabar
>>> PANIC:  open of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0000 failed:
>>> Keine Berechtigung
>>> server closed the connection unexpectedly
>>
>> What PG version is this exactly?

> It's 7.3.9 from SUSE rpms postgresql-7.3.9-3

Hmm.  7.3.9 has all the known patches for hint-bit updates and premature
clog truncation, but maybe you have found a new bug.  Can you repeat
this failure from a standing start --- that is, initdb, load your data
dump, vacuumdb, PANIC?  If so I would very much appreciate a copy of
your data dump, if that's possible.

            regards, tom lane