Re: pgbench - add pseudo-random permutation function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: pgbench - add pseudo-random permutation function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Fabien,

On 2/1/20 5:12 AM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Attached is an attempt at improving things. I have added a explicit note
> and hijacked an existing example to better illustrate the purpose of the
> function.

This patch does not build on Linux due to some unused functions and
variables: http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_27_1712.log

The CF entry has been updated to Waiting on Author.

A few committers have expressed doubts about whether this patch is
needed and it doesn't make sense to keep moving it from CF to CF.

I'm planning to mark this patch RwF on April 8 and I suggest you
resubmit if you are able to get some consensus.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net