Re: perl path issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ravi Krishna
Subject Re: perl path issue
Date
List pgsql-general

> Note - if am taking same prod single database backup and restore in new cluster no use for us and it will take more
time.
> so business and team they need every 3 weeks for restore in dev server one single database and cant we do it in
pg_dumpand restore .
> They want using pgbackrest tool the db size is huge so tats why am trying remote restore option.

I am baffled.  Are you telling that you are restoring it back on prod (using remote restore option),
which effectively means overwriting prod db.  Also you never gave this information until now. You
should have shared full details.

I have not used pgbackest, but I have read the FAQ. If I am not mistaken it has single db restore option too. So you
canrestore
the db in dev.