Re: Connecting to SQL Server from Windows using FDW - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John J. Turner
Subject Re: Connecting to SQL Server from Windows using FDW
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 22, 2016, at 1:05 PM, ivo silvestre <ivomts@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to create a linked server between 2 Windows servers. In one I've PostgreSQL with admin privileges and in the
otherMS SQL with only read access.

> I need to create a view (or a foreign table?) in PostgreSQL from a table in MS SQL in another server ...
> ... I found GeoffMontee's Github, but I don't know how to install it on Windows...

Perhaps this link may help:
https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3663/sql-server-and-postgresql-foreign-data-wrapper-configuration--part-3/

The only caveat I see offhand is the use of the 'sa' account, but I can't vouch for that being a required mapping.

Cheers,
John