Re: PostgreSQL x Oracle / BBS in Python - PostgreSQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Rodrigues
Subject Re: PostgreSQL x Oracle / BBS in Python - PostgreSQL ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 07:49 , Tony Grant wrote:

> Historical note: I stopped using PHP after my second version change in
> less than a year when there was no compatibility between version
> numbers. Things are a little more sane since those times but I
> completely lost trust in the PHP developer team at that time...
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony Grant

Hi,
Funny you should mention this. I'm trying to find out if there
is an open source bulletin board project that uses Python and
PostgreSQL. All I can find are PHP (overwhelmingly) and Perl.
I'm not interested in using either language. I like using Python
and PostgreSQL with the Psycopg interface. So, if any of you
know of any open source Python - PostgreSQL BBS/forum software,
I'd appreciate any pointers.

I use Mac OS X 10.1.5 and a while ago I tried installing PHP 4.
I really tried. It wouldn't work and eventually got the
impression the PHP people were not really interested in Mac OS
X. Perhaps PHP's current 4.3.0 version may work, but the thrill
is gone.

- Joel