Re: Known problem? Column mixup in sql-function - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Known problem? Column mixup in sql-function
Date
List pgsql-novice
Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net> writes:
> Am 29.08.2011 18:10, schrieb Tom Lane:
>> Well, without a concrete test case it's hard to say, but certainly there
>> have been a lot of bugs fixed between 8.4.0 and 8.4.8.

> This table was one of the first in the db and got added columns and
> dropped, too.

That could be it then ...

> The 8.4.0 was part of the distribution and they keep the version.

You need to rattle some cages a bit harder.  There are multiple known
security and data-loss bugs in 8.4.0; the one you've hit here is minor
by comparison.  It's frankly irresponsible, not to say bordering on
incompetent, to refuse to update to a more recent bug-fix release.

> I can't drop the table b/c there are a number of references.

Well, if a dump and reload is acceptable, that should fix it too ---
assuming it is what I'm guessing it is.

            regards, tom lane