Re: Postgres Database Hacked - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Postgres Database Hacked
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/8/19 9:04 AM, Prashant Hunnure wrote:
Please reply to list also.
Ccing list.

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> As my public schema under the said database has been renamed by public
> bla bla bla.....and the .map file from the global folder is in encrypted
> format.

At this point I would say your are going to need to go back to the last
clean backup and restore from there into a clean instance of Postgres on
a clean version of whatever OS you are running on.

> Thanks,
> Prashant
>
> On Wed, 8 May 2019, 19:19 Adrian Klaver, <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 5/8/19 3:42 AM, Prashant Hunnure wrote:
>      > Dear Team,
>      >
>      > I am working on postgres database version 9.3 is the part of opengeo
>      > suite and now my running database become hacked by someone. In the
>
>     What makes you think it was hacked?
>
>      > current situation I'm able to view my database under Pgadmin III but
>
>     Can you be more specific about being able to view the database, but not
>     being able to view the objects in it?
>
>     Why do you mention Windows environment?
>
>     Is the server running on Windows or some other OS?
>

>      > unable to view the tables, functions and other attributes on windows
>      > environment.
>      >
>      > Your valuable solution / suggestions are highly appreciated.
>      >
>      > Thanks and Regards,
>      > Prashant Hunnure
>      > Database Architect
>      > S2 Infotech International Limited,Mumbai.
>      >

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver