Re: Building with Visual C++ - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Building with Visual C++
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>>> We'll need a VC buildfarm member in place to catch us anytime we
>>> change the Makefiles in a way that the script doesn't understand.
>>
>> Not a problem - Snake has VC++ 6, 2003 and 2005 installed.

> Y'know I say that, but thinking about it I imagine the buildfarm is tied
> well and truly into the GNU build system - running configure, make,
> regression tests etc. We'd need to talk Andrew into modifying the code
> to handle the different build procedure, and figure out how to run the
> regression tests (prolly still need mingw for that - though possibly
> SFU/Interix would work).

Yeah, I had just started to wonder about that when your mail arrived.
It'll need to happen if we want to say that "VC is supported" with a
straight face, but I can easily imagine that it'll require nontrivial
work.

I don't mind though if running the regression tests requires mingw;
that's not an essential step unless you're a developer.

            regards, tom lane