Re: I lost the pg_control file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: I lost the pg_control file
Date
List pgsql-general
Tulio Oliveira <mestredosmagos@marilia.com> writes:
> Yeah, I run configure by myself... But I download the lastest PostgreSQL
> version 7.1.1 and with this I can compile the pg_resetxlog... Then I ran
> it over my $PGDATA directory with 4.5Gb of data.

> But then, all data lost. When I "psql dbtest" and type \d, I can't see
> any tables in there...

Hm.  Try tweaking pg_resetxlog to insert a really large "next
transaction number" in the -f case, say about 2 billion instead of the
rather silly 514 it's using now (there are two places to change, look
for XXX comments).

            regards, tom lane