Re: BUG #5862: Postgres dumps core upon a connection attempt - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5862: Postgres dumps core upon a connection attempt
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Matthew Zinicola <matt@zinicola.com> writes:
> It wasn't an unusual filesystem (other than being within a logical
> volume).  Nothing out of the ordinary -- a local /ext3 filesystem.  I
> did a clean re-install of Fedora from scratch, and boom!  Postgres
> compiled and installed just fine.

> Two interesting tidits here (perhaps of note)  -- 1) Against my
> judgment, I had been using Fedora's upgrade process the last two times I
> updated (from F12 to F13, and from F13 to F14).  I wonder if that
> botched something in my environment and 2) Nothing else on the system
> seemed to have trouble (at least up until that point in time).

Hmm.  Given that you couldn't reproduce it on a clean system, I'd have
to agree that it sounds like something was a bit wacko about the
upgraded system.  One does hear of people having trouble with that
process from time to time.

            regards, tom lane