Re: PostgreSQL with Kerberos and Active Directory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Idan Miller
Subject Re: PostgreSQL with Kerberos and Active Directory
Date
List pgsql-general
We tried to connect from a different gentoo machine.
both client and server are running version 8.2.4 of postgresql.
right now, we are trying to connect from gentoo, but we want to connect from windows as well

Idan

On 8/30/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 02:07:13PM +0300, Idan Miller wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to configure PostgreSQL version 8.2.4 with Kerberos and Active
> Directory.
> The AD is run on a windows 2003 server, and the postgre on gentoo.
> The gentoo computer name is postgre and it's added to the windows 2003
> server AD domain.
>
> I did the following:
> - I compiled postgre with kerberos support and installed it on the gentoo
> machine.
> - I created a keytab for the user postgres/postgre on the windows 2003
> server machine and copied it to the gentoo machine.
> - I configured the postgresql.conf to point to the keytab.
> - I configured pg_hba.conf to authenticate remote users by kerberos.
> - I followed additional configurations from the howto in the mailing list
> archives.
>
> Now, when trying to log in with an AD user to postgre I get:
> psq: krb5_sendauth: Bad application version was sent (via sendauth)
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

Are you sure you have postgresql 8.2 on both ends of the connection? Are
yuor clients on windos or unix?

//Magnus