Re: SET ROLE documentation not entirely correct - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: SET ROLE documentation not entirely correct
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 4/25/19 12:39 PM, Steven Winfield wrote:
>> We *just* very recently added the ability to add images. Not sure I want
>> to attempt creating one for this, but perhaps after I write the patch
>> you could give it a go with an image to match your thoughts?
>
> That's great. Is there a page somewhere with a styling guide - preferred
> RGB values, fonts, allowable bitmap and/or vector formats... that sort
> of thing?

There is a documentation style guide (of sorts) here:

  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/docguide-style.html

But it has nothing from what I can see to say about images.

FWIW, I believe images need to be svg format, but I am not entirely sure
of that.

There is also nothing I could find quickly searching through the docs
which describes how to insert images into the documentation. There is
one image which can be used as an example though:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=doc/src/sgml/storage.sgml;hb=HEAD

Likely both of those omissions should be fixed...

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Attachment