Re: reduce number of multiple values to be inserted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: reduce number of multiple values to be inserted
Date
List pgsql-general

On May 29, 2018, at 6:32 PM, tango ward <tangoward15@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 8:29 AM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:

Is “current_timezone, current_timezone” just a typo?  I think you need to make the 117 data lines and load using \copy

Sorry, yeah, it's current_timestamp.

David and I are suggesting the same thing.  You have 117 unique student definitions so you need to explicitly define each of them. That can be in your python code or in a file your python code reads in and generates inserts or simply a psql script which reads the file using \copy tablename from file.