Re: monitoring database activity on solaris - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: monitoring database activity on solaris
Date
List pgsql-general
"David Parker" <dparker@tazznetworks.com> writes:
>> The best bet is to make sure that your postmaster start script
>> invokes the postmaster as
>>     postmaster
>> no more.  No path (set PATH beforehand instead).  No
>> command-line switches (whatever you might want there can be
>> put into postgresql.conf instead).

> OK, thanks. We're using pg_ctl to start it at the moment, but we can
> obviously change that.

Hmm.  Seems like it might be worthwhile to modify pg_ctl to use PATH
and PGDATA instead of making the command line longer.  AFAIR it doesn't
insist on putting in any command-line switches except -D, and that's
easily replaced ...

            regards, tom lane