Re: BUG #3681: fillers are NULL in pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #3681: fillers are NULL in pgbench
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"ITAGAKI Takahiro" <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> All of filler fields in branches, tellers and history is NULL. It is
> probabbly a mistake because there are fields of char(22-88) in the table
> definitions.
> TPC-B requires at least 100 bytes per row for all tables used in it.

I'm not in favor of changing this.  pgbench has never pretended to be
"really" TPC-B, nor has anyone ever tried to compare its numbers against
other TPC-B numbers.  On the other hand, people *do* compare pgbench
numbers to itself over time, and if we make a change like this it will
break comparability of the results.

            regards, tom lane