Re: Segfault when running postgres inside kubernetes with huge pages - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Segfault when running postgres inside kubernetes with huge pages
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Siegfried Kiermayer <sicaine@gmail.com> writes:
> we are using zalando postgres operator and i changed / set huge pages
> on kubernetes nodes from something undefined to 1536 (undefined
> because i was pretty sure before changing it to 1536 i saw an initial
> value of 1024 with 670 in use.

This previous discussion might hold the clue:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFpoUr1ggmGs8qpoKvYxNBO3h-T-n%2BMNh%2BJnLRYsYhHurVOiGQ%40mail.gmail.com

> I would go into more detail but honestly I believe this might be easy
> to find and I also assume it shouldn't segfault but return an error
> message indicating the / a issue.

There is not that much we can do about operating system bugs.

            regards, tom lane