Re: How much do the hint bits help? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How much do the hint bits help?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm going to do lots more testing over the holidays.  I'm fishing for
> ideas on good ways to flesh things out more.

Based on the analogy to past bufmgr contention problems, I'd suggest
going back through the archives to look for the test cases associated
with context swap storm discussions.  The cases themselves might not
be quite right for this, but they'd at least show a structure for
stressing things at the tuple-access level.