Re: streaming replication not working - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ray Stell
Subject Re: streaming replication not working
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sep 23, 2013, at 4:47 PM, John DeSoi wrote:

You mean on the primary, right?

right

Yes, I have one there. But even if I did not, I would expect to see a connection error in the log on the standby. No error or any indication the streaming replication process is running on the standby.

you're right, I was firing from the hip.  sure enough, it does toss an error:
2013-09-23 18:00:01 EDT,0,authentication FATAL:  28000: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host "xxx", user "repuser", SSL off

I'd guess a firewall issue?  What happens with "telnet primary_host port"   maybe use tcpdump to see what's happening with the traffic?